Registrar's Office / Guidance Office: 473-36-04
registrar_nps@yahoo.com
Finance Office: 473-36-02
  • Log In Here

HISTORY

An Introduction

The Naga Parochial School was founded in July 1947 by the late Archbishop Pedro P. Santos, D.D., Archbishop of Caceres. It was granted government recognition by the Department of Education (no. 152, series of 1948) on March 6, 1948.

During its first year of operation, it had an initial enrollment of 498 boys under the tutelage of 15 faculty members. It was headed by Msgr. Porfirio R. Ramin, P.A., V.G. (1947-1950), then parish priest of St. John the Evangelist Parish, Naga City, as director.

In the middle of 1950, Msgr. Ramin was succeeded by Msgr. Nicanor C. Belleza, P.A., V.G. (1950-1983). Under his leadership, enrollment continued to increase. Archbishop Teopisto V. Alberto, D.D., then Chairman of the Board of Trustees from 1965-1983, guided the school through the years.

​By 1983, NPS became the first elementary parochial school in the country to be accredited by the Philippine Accrediting Association of Schools, Colleges and Universities (PAASCU). Presently, it is reaccredited for another five years, until 2020, after its sixth PAASCU Resurvey last February 5-6, 2015.

With the demise of Msgr. Belleza in 1983, the Archbishop of Caceres, Most Rev. Leonardo Z. Legaspi, O.P. D.D. appointed an alumnus of the school, Msgr. Jaime M. San Andres of Class 1950 as the third NPS director.

In December of 2007, after 23 years of serving the school, Msgr. San Andres passed away. Fr. Rex Andrew C. Alarcon was appointed by the same Archbishop Legaspi as the fourth NPS Director. The new director is also an alumnus of the school being a member of Class 1983.

On its 66th year of operation the school opened its doors to girls in the Grade School and opened a co-ed High School.

The school is currently handled by a 75-person staff, 54 of whom are full-time teachers. These young children will also receive the special education experienced by some 11,705 alumni of the school.

Our Milestones

  • 1947 JULY
    NAGA PAROCHIAL SCHOOL WAS FOUNDED

    The Naga Parochial School was founded in July 1947 by the late Archbishop Pedro P. Santos, D.D., Archbishop of Caceres

  • 1948 MARCH
    GRANTED GOVERNMENT RECOGNITION BY THE DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION

    It was granted government recognition by the Department of Education (no. 152, series of 1948) on March 6, 1948. During its first year of operation, it has an initial enrollment of 498 boys under the tutelage of 15 faculty members.

  • 1983 JUNE
    NPS - THE FIRST ELEMENTARY PAROCHIAL SCHOOL IN THE COUNTRY ACCREDITED BY THE PHILIPPINE ACCREDITING ASSOCIATION OF SCHOOLS, COLLEGES AND UNIVERSITIES (PAASCU)

    By 1983, NPS became the first elementary parochial school in the country to be accredited by the Philippine Accrediting Association of Schools, Colleges and Universities (PAASCU). Presently, Presently, it is reaccredited for another five years, until 2020, after its sixth PAASCU Resurvey last February 5-6, 2015.

  • 2012 JUNE
    OPENED ITS DOORS TO GIRLS IN THE GRADE SCHOOL AND OPENED A CO-ED HIGH SCHOOL

    On its 66th year of operation the school opened its doors to girls in the Grade School and opened a co-ed High School.

Sinite parvulos venire ad me. (Mk. 10:14)​

The Past

Naga Parochial School was founded by Bishop Pedro Santos after the Second World War, in 1947 at the Casa Parroquial. This same 'casa' , in the late 1860's housed the first school of the Daughters of Charity which later became the Colegio de Santa Isabel.

In the early part of the 20th century, the Camarines Sur Academy was established at the Cathedral. The academy was the forerunner of the Ateneo.​

Msgr. Porfirio Ramin (front, center), the Vicar General and Parish Priest of the Cathedral was the first Director of the Naga Parochial School.


The Present

Naga Parochial School was founded by Bishop Pedro Santos after the Second World War, in 1947 at the Casa Parroquial. This same 'casa' , in the late 1860's housed the first school of the Daughters of Charity which later became the Colegio de Santa Isabel.

In the early part of the 20th century, the Camarines Sur Academy was established at the Cathedral. The academy was the forerunner of the Ateneo.​

Msgr. Porfirio Ramin (front, center), the Vicar General and Parish Priest of the Cathedral was the first Director of the Naga Parochial School.


The Old Building

The old school building of NPS was an 'L-shaped wooden structure' that stretched from the 'convento' to the old quadrangle. The first classrooms and offices were part of the parish convent. The old buildings, however, have been replaced by concrete ones.


The Old Building

The old building of NPS was attached to the Cathedral Convent. The current reception area of the convento used to be a classroom and an office. The groundfloor of the main building was made of concrete materials while the upper portion was made of wooden materials.


Rt. Rev. Msgr. Nicanor C. Belleza, V.G.,P.A

Msgr. Nic Belleza was the second director of NPS, succeeding Msgr. Porfirio Ramin. He was concurrently the Parish Priest of the Metropolitan Cathedral. He was a big man with a booming voice. He led the school for 33 years. It was during his term, in the year 1983, that NPS undertook accreditation with PAASCU, at a time, when only a few school engaged in accreditation.

NPS alumni would remember his birthdays with free shows at then Bichara Theatre.​

The picture shows him standing at what was called NPS Quadrangle.

He passed away December of 1983.


Pupils assemble at the Quadrangle

The NPS pupils would assemble at the Quadrangle for the morning rituals, communal activities, programs, etc.


Sinite parvulos venire ad me. (Mk. 10:14)​


-->